Friday, October 15, 2010

Shenandoah National Park



The trees blanket the soft sloping hills all around; it's as if hundreds of Paul Bunyan's children are hiding under fluffy blankets in every direction. The snap of cool air kisses the foliage bringing sweet blushes of reds, oranges, and yellows. Sunbeams pierce the few openings in the forest while illuminating the remaining green leaves in the trees. It's Fall in Virginia! No wonder Virginia is for lovers ;)


I had the chance to go up to Shenandoah National Park a week ago. My friends camped out but I couldn't because school was a little too intense that weekend. But I got to go on a great hike that led to a lovely waterfall (see below). The green moss looks electric against the shimmering black slate in the water's trail. It is beautiful! It reminds me a lot of a place in Utah called Provo Falls.


On our way up to the park, we passed Charlottesville (home of UVA) and Monticello (which is still on the to-do list!). Man, I really like this place. I'm so grateful to experience the beauty of another part of the world, even though it's only for a few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment